If you have received a traffic citation you will need to decide how you wish to plead. You may enter a plea of:
- Not Guilty if you wish to contest the charge against you and go to trial, or
- No Contest if you do not want to contest the charge but would like to provide an explanation for the violation and/or see if you are eligible to get the fine lowered.
- By mail, following the instructions on the citation; or
- At the court clerk's desk in Tigard City Hall; or
- By appearing in court at the time set for arraignment on the face of your citation; or
- By entering a no contest plea and paying the citation online.